Pitch & Publish Conference FAQs
1. I attended the event last year, will there be different agents taking pitches this year?
Yes! We have a slate of new agents taking pitches and sitting on our Ask the Agent panel.
2. What time will agents be taking pitches?
There are two time blocks for pitching to agents, 10:30 - 12:30 and 1:30 - 4:00, but be prepared for an all day event.
3. Will I miss part of the conference when I’m making my agent pitch?
Participants will make their pitches to agents in a breakout room during the conference, but not to worry! A recording of all the day's events will be made available to participants after the event, so you can watch any part of the conference that you missed during your pitching.
4. How am I matched with agents?
Three weeks before the event you will receive an email asking for your top choices for agent with which to meet. Though we can’t make guarantees, we will do our best to meet your requests and we make sure you are matched with agents that represent the genre of your work.
5. What is the cancellation policy?
No refunds once ticket is purchased.
6. Where is the event taking place?
The entire conference takes place at The Westport Library. The panel and talks are on the main stage. The agents will be taking pitches in break out rooms. Volunteers will be on site to help you find where you need to go. The entire event will also be streamed live so parricipatns can participate from home as well.
7. I’m not ready to pitch to agents, is this event for me?
Yes! This event is most certainly still for you. We have a conference only ticket price that does not include pitching to agents. You will have access to all other elements of the conference; a full day of talks about how to find an agent, the publishing process, how to level up your writing game and more! We know the conference will educate, motivate and inspire you, and you’ll meet new fellow literary citizens.
8. I’m coming from out of town, do you have travel, hotel and dining recommendations?
Westport is about an hour away from Grand Central on the Metro North train service.
Hotel recommendations: Hotel Zero Degrees in Norwalk, The Circle Hotel in Fairfield, The Delamar in Southport
9. How can I prepare to make my pitch to the agent?
We are so glad you asked! We have a fabulous event taking place in advance of the conference; Perfect Your Book Pitch with Leigh Stein. It’s the perfect way to prepare to make your agent pitch.